Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I'm baaaack...

So, I guess you figured out what I'm NOT good at, and that is obviously, writing in a blog. I gots the procrastination fever and didn't work on projects for a while, but I've got a couple at least that I'm ready to show. PLUS, there are SO MANY tutorials I've been seeing online with Christmas coming up that I am gettin' wicked excited about trying out. Here's the first...

I found this tutorial for cute little flower rings from V and Co. and decided that since I have tons of fabric scrappies all over my 'art room' I'd try it out! Although I didn't have any rings to attach them to, I made it work with a bit o' fabric and a pin.

My little scrappy roses were made with 1"x9" pieces of fabric because i found a 9" piece of scrap and didn't worry with it not being the 'correct' length. I think I wrapped them quite a bit tighter than V, but with them being my first attempt, I was trying to hard to just get them together I think. I also left the extra bits on the end and made them into 'leaves' for the edges. Every time I looked at the tutorial I wanted her make leaves, but sadly the pictures never changed, HA!
























How 'bout that model? That's a superb find by my mom who happened to be at a mall store that was going outta business and selling their mannequins. She has weird fabric arms, but I think she looks way more Venus de Milo chic without.


The other thing that I've been making lately with the holi-dayz comin' up is magazine bows! SO many Vicky Secrets and Pottery Barns coming in the mail. No sense in throwing those out when you can make somethin' pretty!




















Hey! You wanna make you're own magazine bows?! Ok then...here's the link to the tut from one of my FAV blogs, How About Orange, I used to make these beauties.

I promise next time a do a project I'll remember to take 'process' pics, but to be honest, I didn't think either of these would turn out half as good as they did! HA!

Ok, well, that's it till next time. I've got a couple of earlier projects that are just about finished if I can find the right kind of hangers and such, so hopefully those will be published soon.

Till then!

Oh, and just cause she's precious as a button, here's my dog Pascha modeling her Christmas outfits. Toulouse the cat wasn't keen on dressing up...cats...





















Yay Christmas! :)

2 comments:

  1. but for real... I love the flower pin. I would like it as a ring or hair clip, too... maybe over Christmas break I will get crafty and try some rings!

    ReplyDelete