Tuesday, August 24, 2010

do kids today know what chalkboards are?

That's a sad notion to think that they don't, mostly because I grew up with teachers using them (although, we did have mostly dry-erase by the time I made it to high school) and that just means...I'm old.

Oh well, I still *heart* chalkboards cause they're vintage looking and raw...so that's what I decided to do with this $10 find of mine. Last weekend there was a yard sale about 5 doors down from me, so of course I had to go down and check it out. It was a super cool family who had lived on the street just about as long as me, but we'd never met! I'd like to say it's cause they live over the hill from me, but let's face it, I'm just not good at meeting my neighbors.

Anywhoo, they had this super cool little side table for sale and I scooped it up just as soon as I laid eyes on it!

don't pay attention to the dust or the dog toy :)

The table wasn't really in all that bad of shape and the wood laminate wasn't peeling or anything, so keep kind of keep with the vintage look of the piece I decided to just paint a part of it with chalkboard paint...cue measuring, taping and 3 coats of chalkboard paint!


Add a touch of my new stencil book! And voila! A re-vamped side table!


Now, let's see if that whole 'chalk' thing really works...

Yay! it works!
and it erases! and no, I didn't try to erase it all
so that y'all would believe that I wrote on it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment