Friday, August 27, 2010

46 for $46...

Goodwill is heaven. Especially when they've just restocked the home section of dishes and such. You may not know this (cause I didn't when I bought all of this stuff), but every price has a letter beside it and some of those letters mean HALF OFF...even if the item is only $.59 to begin with! So, after looking at my cart FULL of stuff and worrying about how much money I was about to plunk down, I begrudgingly made my way up to register to start ringing up my beautiful purchases.

When all was said and done, I had purchased 46 items for $46.60 total (including tax!). Now, some of these pieces I've got to shine up and some I have to paint or fix up, but all in all I'm pretty happy with my sale. Here's everything I bought laying out on my now, unusable dining room table :)




 
Now, on to the refinishing and refurbishings! I don't have everything quite done to my liking, but here's a few of the ones that I will be putting in my Etsy store for purchase!


 These are a couple of the crystal candlesticks and plates I bought...now they're cake (or at least maybe cupcake) plates for display! My favorite is the flower looking plate. I've only got one of them and I may end up keeping that one :)

These are two of the silver-plated plates I picked up. I'm trying to get them all shined up and pretty, but with all the scrubbing I've done already, they still don't look great yet. I just LOVE the patterns and edge details on them though, so I can't wait till they're beautiful!

NOTE! Make sure when you buy silver-plated looking pieces at places like Goodwill that the piece you like is ACTUALLY silver-plated and not some knock-off from the Dollar Tree. I found a bunch of Dollar-Tree stuff at my Goodwill, but if you hold the fake and the real thing, you can tell the difference quickly by just the weight difference.

Finally, here are two of the many candlesticks I came home with. I've been working on shining them up also, but here's a 'process' picture of them. 

Original on the right and shined up on the left

I've got lots more finds to come, but I just don't have pictures of them yet, so keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment